The absolute requirements for becoming a Mason are:
1) Be a man, at least 21 years old (18 in some jurisdictions)
2) Have belief in a Supreme Being (of any faith, no particular religion or faith is required or excluded. All are welcome.)
You should be someone who does, or wants to learn how to enjoy the company of other men from all different social classes, faiths, backgrounds, races, countries, etc. Masonry is universal in its ideals.
If you are a family man, Masonry considers that your family obligations come FIRST, so you must be sure that:
1. You have the time to participate (Usually two or three evenings per month; not to include if you are involved in lodge activities. If so, there will be more time invested)
2. You can afford the initiation fees and the annual dues without hardship to yourself or your family. You should be coming to Masonry "of your own free will and accord", to learn to improve yourself and to enjoy the company of other good people, not because someone keeps pestering you to join or because you think it will help you "get ahead" in life or business.
*** Only men of high character, who believe in a Supreme Being, are favorably considered for membership. ***
If you would like to print a current petition for membership in Norsemen Lodge - Click Here
Would you like to become a Norsemen 878 Affiliate?
1) The brother being considered must be a member in good standing of a craft lodge recognized by the Grand Lodge of New York
If you would like to print a current petition for Affiliation in Norsemen Lodge - Click Here